Jacob Phillips – 12+ years of coaching experience.
- Ten straight conference championships in XC for the women (2nd longest streak in NCAA).
- Two-time NCAA National Championship qualifiers, 2009 and 2015.
- Kelsey Bruce – 4th at NCAA XC (2015), US Olympic Marathon Trials qualifier (2016), 8th @ 2016 US Half, 6th @ 2016 US 25k Champs, 8th @ 2016 US 20k Champs.
- Dawn Grunnagle – Runs for NIKE, US Olympic Marathon Trials qualifier (2016), 2:07 for 800 meters, 4:15 for 1500 meters.
- Caitlin Keen – Ran for SMU, All-Regional performer, 35:01 for 10,000 meters.
- Magaly Soto – 2nd place female, 2016 BMW Dallas Marathon
WHY AM I HERE?
Because Arthur Lydiard said that there are champions on every street corner, we just had to train them properly.
I believe that fully.
It’s important for me to share my knowledge and experiences and wise to continue learning and growing as a coach.
I believe that Lydiard got it right!
- Aerobic Conditioning is #1!!!
- Proper periodization; building to a specific peak.
- Consistent, high-end aerobic training!
- There are no short-cuts!
- As Lydiard said, Miles make the champion!
- The more you run the better you get at it!
- I am not a scientist. I believe in the sight-test and in the trial and error test!
I love running and have spent the last 12+ years of my life dedicated to becoming the best runner and coach that I can be. There is no doubt that if you approach my training with a great attitude and with the right effort that you will improve.